It’s time to nominate people for the 2017 Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards.Edit this Story
t’s time to nominate people for the 2017 Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards.
It’s a simple online process!
Wollongong City Council is the host Council of the Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards 2017. This is an annual event that seeks to recognise Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal achievement across the following categories:
• Aboriginal Elder of the Year (male and female)
• Aboriginal Community Representative of the Year
• Aboriginal Young Achiever of the Year (male and female)
• Aboriginal Community Volunteer of the Year
• Aboriginal Organisation of the Year
• Outstanding Contribution to Reconciliation (Aboriginal or Non-Aboriginal)
The Selection Panel will assess nominations on the following selection criteria. Please ensure your application addresses each criterion.
• Demonstrated achievements
• Commitment to the betterment of Aboriginal community
• Promotes understanding and awareness of Aboriginal Culture to the wider community
• ‘Young Achiever’ must be aged between 12 and 24 years & achievements must relate to the past 12 months only.
Close of business 11 July 2017.
The Awards will be presented on Saturday 22nd July at the Regional NAIDOC Awards Dinner at the Fraternity Club Fairy Meadow.